Saturday, September 08, 2007

$300 Chicken & other things

On Friday I roasted the $300 chicken that Sam raised for 4H this summer. I stuffed it and we really enjoyed it. Though I felt a lot of pressure cooking it; I didn't want to over-cook it and ruin it. (Thanks for sharing Sam). I cooked the liver from the chicken and shared it with Joey & Boomer and their dog friends on Saturday morning's dog walk. All the dogs who got some gave it a two paws up.




While the bird was cooking I decided to make a peach crisp for dessert.


I also made some sweet-sour cabbage out of one of the cabbages from our garden. We'll eat this either Saturday or Sunday with some smoked sausage.


I also started some Manhattan Clam Chowder that we'll have sometime this weekend. Tomato based foods always seem to taste better if they have a day or two in the refrigerator before you eat them.


And last, but definitely not least, I saw Zack refilling the Kool-Aide. John & Jenny always leave it empty on the counter and I thought you had to be over the age of 21 to make Kool-Aide. Now I know I was wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that looks like good food.