Thursday, October 12, 2006

John's first IU Concert

On Tuesday, Becky and I drove down to I.U. to see John in the Concert Band. It was John's first I.U. Concert. We first headed off to Target to buy a few things for John, tape for his mouth (I'm not kidding) among other things. We had a quick supper at Fazoli's and then went back to John's dorm and waited for him to change into his concert attire before heading off.

John running down 3 flights of stairs to meet us.


As he reached the bottom of the stairs he showed us his tie had come "undone" and asked if we knew how to put it back together.


As John ran into a building to get his bari-sax we rummage through our purses to see if we had anything to help with his tie. I had a paperclip! And off we went to the concert.

John checks his tie on stage.


John playing on stage.


Not very many people showed up for the concert which was a shame, but it didn't seem to affect the band members at all. They played with great enthusiasm and professionalism. (It could have been because their grade depended on it).

John seemed pleased.


Here are some snipets from the concert.
I.U. Oct 10, 2006 Concert Band

John's first concert at I.U.

And as John begins his career at I.U., I find yet another source to add to my ever growing "program" collection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I'm really impressed! Beautiful music!


JAL