Monday, August 20, 2007

Michigan Winery Tour - July 28, 2007

Bud, Pauline, and Becky, joined Bob and I on a Michigan winery tour. We were looking for a reason to take the 4Runner on a road trip and considered this a tasteful opportunity. Our first stop was Warner and as you can see I had the camera rolling.












We then traveled a whole two blocks (American, not Australian) and went to St. Julian's. Now I was getting into a serious wine tasting mode and only took one picture as we were leaving.


We stopped at a fruit stand on the way up to Berrien Springs Winery who was having a festival. When we arrived at Berrien Springs the crowd was so huge we decided to go to Round Barn Winery instead. But when we got into the bar area we realized it was also very crowed inside. (3 people deep at the bar). So we decided to move on instead of standing around waiting our turn.




We drove on to Free Run Winery instead and found it uncrowded.


Our last stop was Taber Hill. I guess I forgot to take my camera out, because I have no pictures.

Michigan wine has gotten much better over the recent years. My favorite for the day was the cherry wine at all the wineries.

No comments: