Friday, April 20, 2007

Trip to IU to see the Concert Band

On Thursday, Becky and I drove down to see John play in the IU Concert Band's final performance for the season. We were able to see John for about an hour before he needed to head off for a practice of his upcoming piano/clarinet dance piece.

This is a squirrel outside of John's dorm. (He reminded me of the Caddy Shack Goofer).


We went to the Union and had some yogurt and fruit while we visited with John.





The Union has a nice courtyard by the main entrance and I couldn't help myself from taking a picture of the flowers.








When John went off to his practice, Becky and I walked the campus for a while, then we went to an Indian restaurant near John's dorm for dinner.

The mighty Jordan River flowing through campus.




It still amazes me how things are blooming in Bloomington.











I like this picture of the tulips and Becky, because it looks like either Becky is very small or the tulips are really big. It reminds me of Dorothy in the poppy field in the Wizard of Oz.



After dinner it was "show time" in the MAC, (Musical Arts Center).











After the concert we walked with John to put his saxes away. Then as we drove home, John was off to yet another class - his composition master class. There was a cool Moon and Jupiter in the night sky.




No comments: