Wednesday, September 06, 2006

An unwanted kind of adventurous day

Tuesday turned out to be more of an adventure than I had planned. The Toyota Camery had developed an oil leak so I took it to the shop to have them look at it. They couldn't see where the leak was coming from so they sprayed degreaser on the underside of the car, put in some dye, and asked me to drive it for a few days and then come back and they'd use a black light to see where the leak was coming from. As I was driving home from the shop, the car stalled out on St. Joe Center road, right before the intersection with Reed Rd. The first thing I did was to put on the four way flashers and get out of the car to get on the side of the road. I called the shop and asked them to send a tow truck out, and called Becky who was in town to head my way to help. While awaiting the tow truck I stood at the edge of the road waving at all the approaching cars to let them know they needed to go around the Camery. All was going well until an older lady came and drove right passed me and into the rear of the car. Luckily she was driving slow and probably hit it about at 15 mph. I couldn't believe she didn't see me and my waving. Well she finally admitted she had saw me, but thought I was out thumbing a ride and didn't pay attention to me, and didn't notice the car had it's flashers on and was stopped. Luckily the Camery can take a hit because the only damage is some scuff marks on the rubber bumper. Her car's bumper did well but the front grill got smashed in. So after the police report was done and the tow truck took it away, Becky and I headed for home. The shop called later in the afternoon and said they had gotten the degreaser spray on the cap and the sparkplugs weren't able to connect their spark to the right place (hope I'm not getting too technical for you). They fixed it at no charge. When I was driving Jenny home from choir last night we happened to get a red light at the same intersection of St. Joe Ctr & Reed Rd, there was a car behind me, but the next thing we heard was a loud screeching sound I looked in my mirror and a pickup truck wasn't paying attention until the last moment and had to slam on his breaks and swerve to the side to avoid hitting the car behind me. I had had enough and when the light turned green I tapped my heals together three times and said "there's no place like home" 3 times, hurried home, shut the garaged door and locked all the doors in the house and stayed safely tucked in my bed until this morning. I got the car back in the shop today for them to figure out the oil leak. And they gave me an unadventerous trip home.

I took a few pictures with the cell phone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank goodness for cell phones!!